"We've certainly gotten closer than when she first started. She was shy initially but now Mut 22 coins, me and her laugh around. We have a connection in the courts," Madden said. "My sophomore year, we did not have an (knockdown) shooter and the only method they used to stop us was to protect me in the post. This is how we lost in semi-state. The fact that we have Maci available helps greatly."

"It provides us with an inside-out punch," Bales said. "Her performance is exemplary ... she can see the floor very well and is very selfless." Her body is put in danger to support the team. She's tough, takes on the opposition and slams loose balls and competes for rebounding. She defends hard and often results in an "daily" amount of bruises and bumps as per Bales.

Madden stated that she's a important asset to have on Blue River's side , but acknowledged it's difficult to train against Loveless. However, she does make the team more tough and, when combined with her previous experience will aid the Vikings keep their postseason success.

"Her energy is exactly what we require. Everyone feeds off of her. And what she accomplishes, just inspires us all the way," Bales said. "Last year she was on the bench. She was playing about half the game. She was the same type of player, but she was not as well-organized ... She is now more (in in control) and isn't flipping it around."

Blue River has stumbled some in the beginning of the season, losing its opening game at Waldron (7-0) and then falling 50-49 in a home game against Blackford on November. 27. Madden says it's due to the team's inability to adapt to new players and roles buy mut coins, however Wapahani was the team's most impressive offensive game thus this point.